1. Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa - The Hyatt not only has a giant pool with three water slides, but is also right on Huntington Beach, nicknamed ‘Surf City, USA.’ The whole family can take surfing lessons with local pros, rent bikes and pedal the boardwalk, then end the day gathered around the hotel’s fire pits for cocoa and s’mores. The resort also features Camp Hyatt, where kids ages 11 and under play games, do crafts, and hit the beach, with a specific theme for each day’s activities.
2. Rancho Las Palmas Resort and Spa - Splashtopia is a two-acre water park in the centre of this Palm Springs resort. The park encompasses a river and sandy beach, 100-foot-/30-metre-long water slides and jets for water fights and more. There are poolside barbecues for families and plenty of lounge chairs for parents to chill out in too.
3. Hotel Del Sol - Situated in San Francisco’s bayfront marina, this resort gives kids goodiefilled bags upon check-in and the family rooms have separate bedrooms for the kids. Baby-proofed rooms are also available, and suites with kitchenettes for making quick meals and snacks. There are inroom bathtub toys and also a library of books and DVDs.
4. Loews Coronado Bay Resort - Perched on a tiny peninsula extending into San Diego Bay, the Loews Coronado is a bustling resort for an active family. Its pool configuration includes a wading pool, designated family pool and hot tub, and ping-pong tables. The resort also has half- or full-day kids’ club, with activities like sandcastle building, scavenger hunts, and magic tricks. Older kids can hit the teen lounge to watch movies or play PlayStation games and the resort also has kayaks, standup paddleboards, sailboats, and personal watercraft available.
5. Juniper Springs Resort - Juniper Springs Lodge can take a family holiday to the snow. The Eagle base lodge next door delivers all ski resort needs, and in the warmer months guests can hit the links at the Sierra Star Golf Course. Amenities include wifi, fitness centres, heated pools, hot tubs, game and media room, summer bike rentals and complimentary airport and town shuttle service.