A strong Wellington turnout for the Joint Airline Workshops, currently on a nationwide tour was a boost for participating airlines, said event coordinator, the Walshe Group’s Gareth Williamson.
‘Wellington always supports this event. We’re half way through our 12 shows now and it’s all been really positive. I think the key is having two or three new presenters each year and that keeps it fresh, plus the regular presenters always have something new to tell.’
The roadshow was heading from Wellington to Palmerston North and New Plymouth, then to Hamilton and Tauranga. Williamson urged travel agents in those regions to come along and update themselves on airline news. There are also lots of great travel prizes up for grabs, which will be drawn after the final event, he says.
Up to 100 travel agents attended the Wellington event, held at the Amora Hotel Wellington on Tuesday 17th March.
Half way into a 12 centre round country roadshow, JAWS Plus 2015 is on track to be the biggest to date.
Gareth Williamson, JAWS secretary says the South Island circuit last week had increased attendance on last year, with all brands well represented. ‘We even had ‘go shows’ and it was great to see so many home based brokers attend. To have them come to the shows is a win all round.’
Auckland is on the JAWS schedule every two years, and Wednesday night's turn out saw around 90 agents meet with 14 airlines and tourism offices in eight-minute group sessions.
There are some major prizes up for grabs for all agents who attend JAWS, including two return tickets to Vila on Air Vanuatu; two return economy class tickets on Air France to Europe; tickets on CI from AKL to SYD or BNE or CHC to SYD, plus hotel stays, travel vouchers and more flights. JAWS Plus continues to the Central North Island and registrations are still open. Email Gareth.Williamson@walshegroup.com
- Elna Tempelhoff and Gareth Williamson Elna Tempelhoff and Gareth Williamson
- Alan Wilcock and Annelore Phelps Alan Wilcock and Annelore Phelps
- Jacqui Brook and Todd Devine Jacqui Brook and Todd Devine
- Priya Lochan and Laura Blundell Priya Lochan and Laura Blundell
- Alan Wilcock, Rhodri Howell and... Alan Wilcock, Rhodri Howell and...
- Julie Rice, Carmel Sheehan and... Julie Rice, Carmel Sheehan and...
- Caroline Brunel and Jonas George Caroline Brunel and Jonas George
- Jonas George and Richard Elliot Jonas George and Richard Elliot
- Sunny Anand and Andrew Stanbury Sunny Anand and Andrew Stanbury
- Roshnie Chhiba and Karen Bowring Roshnie Chhiba and Karen Bowring
- Geri Cornelius ad Nick Dew Geri Cornelius ad Nick Dew
A little bit of rain didn’t dampen the spirit fun when the annual SKAL Auckland bowls tournament took place at Westend Bowling Club in Herne Bay last Friday. Nine teams turned out for the event, which doubled as the SKAL Auckland March lunch. Richard Froggatt was master of ceremonies and co-organiser, while well known industry stalwart Maggie Hunt handled the catering.
Air Vanuatu was again the major sponsor and gave away two tickets to Vanuatu for the bowler who could get closest to the jack in a ‘corner to corner’ bowl off – won by AAT King Pins captain Gordon Gillan. Other sponsors of the event included Francis Travel Marketing and Eurovista.
- Waikato's Mooloo 1 team Waikato's Mooloo 1 team
- Gail Collinson, John Bakehouse, Izzy... Gail Collinson, John Bakehouse, Izzy...
- Cherie Final, Marcus Logan, Ruth... Cherie Final, Marcus Logan, Ruth...
- Shelly Gutry and Melissa Robers Shelly Gutry and Melissa Robers
- Richard Elliot and Tony Smit Richard Elliot and Tony Smit
- Kevin Blackford and Marcus Logan Kevin Blackford and Marcus Logan
- Danny Frew, secret weapon ‘Red',... Danny Frew, secret weapon ‘Red',...
- Richard Elliot, Ramon Neilson, Gareth... Richard Elliot, Ramon Neilson, Gareth...
- Gordon Gillan, Paul McKenzie, Rebecca... Gordon Gillan, Paul McKenzie, Rebecca...
About 100 members of the New Zealand travel trade converged on the Pullman Hotel Auckland to catch up with the latest product updates during the Queensland on Tour event last week.
TRAVELinc was there to catch the action, check out some photos from the event below.
- Sally Holyer with Julia Paley Sally Holyer with Julia Paley
- Emma Wolstencroft & Janette Bagley Emma Wolstencroft & Janette Bagley
- Francine Walton and Vanessa Monteith Francine Walton and Vanessa Monteith
Travelport will be giving its new Rich Content and Branding, available through Smartpoint, extra profile in 2015.
The company held a Christmas ‘thank you’ function for travel industry clients and partners at Sub Rosa Café in Auckland this week.
It was primarily a casual chance to network with the New Zealand team, which includes relatively new commercial manager New Zealand and Pacific Islands Wendy Stanton, and meet (even newer) general manager Pacific, Kaylene Shuttlewood.
Shuttlewood says the Travelport’s new technology brings together the traditional airlines and low cost carriers and allows agents to sell all of the auxiliaries with increased efficiency.
‘Seats, meals, blankets, baggage etc – all the previously essay things are now combined, so it allows agents to book all of these in the one workflow process.
‘It gives agents increased productivity and efficiency and that’s the key – they can sell more and earn more.'
- Mick Cottrell, Wendy Stanton &... Mick Cottrell, Wendy Stanton &...
- Leanne Cheesman, Sonia Nel &... Leanne Cheesman, Sonia Nel &...
- Paul Smith & Mark Reeder Paul Smith & Mark Reeder